Flexible use of the 168 hours in the week is required to meet seasonal and market driven fluctuations in demand. Juggling between 1, 2 or 3 shift operations, 5, 6 or 7 days a week requires a sophisticated management of the workforce and shift scheduling to maintain employee morale and productive and safe operations.
Continuous processes require a vigilant 24/7 workforce, but the high level of automation makes critical monitoring highly monotonous. Special attention must be paid to control room design and methods so that employee alertness and performance are at high levels on all shifts.
How CIRCADIAN can help you:
- Staffing Level Analysis. Using advanced analysis techniques, CIRCADIAN can identify the optimal staffing levels for your operation taking into account the fluctuations in demand that are inherent in the automotive industry.
- Shift Schedule Optimization. CIRCADIAN works with both managers and employees to identify a set of ideal schedule solutions to meet business and family/social needs.
- Fatigue Risk Management System. Comprehensive fatigue management programs will map out the course of action to maintain high safety standards while reducing costs associated with fatigue-related errors and incidents.
- Managing a Shiftwork Lifestyle. These programs assist shiftworkers with managing their personal health, which will help minimize healthcare costs.
- Efficient scheduling of personnel. With every advantage needed to maintain the absolute lowest production cost, idle time must be reduced. Similarly, high amounts of overtime must be avoided for both safety and cost.
- Increased industry safety standards. Fatigue management programs are no longer simply plans or reports but require active participation.
- Controlling costs. Healthcare, absenteeism and overtime costs are not just part of doing business. These key performance indicators must be controlled to maintain competitive advantage.