Food & Beverage
Continuous processes require a vigilant 24/7 workforce, but the high level of automation in the food and beverage industry makes critical monitoring highly monotonous. Special attention must be paid to control room design and methods so that employee alertness and performance are at high levels on all shifts.
- Variable production. Seasonal food supply and seasonal demand add complexity to the scheduling of production and employee work schedules. Added to this are continuously changing product lines which require different production needs.
- Increasing sanitation requirements. Scheduling sanitation on a regular basis can be disruptive and create challenges in maximizing efficiency.
- Rising employee healthcare costs. As the workforce ages, rising healthcare costs have become a central issue that must be managed to contain overall expenses.
- Work environment. In many cases, employees work in areas that are on the extreme ends of the thermostat. Areas with high cold or high heat can lead to additional fatigue concerns.
How CIRCADIAN can help you:
- Staffing Level Analysis. Using advanced analysis techniques, CIRCADIAN can identify the optimal staffing levels for your operation taking into account the fluctuations in demand that are inherent in the food industry.
- Shift Schedule Optimization. CIRCADIAN works with both managers and employees to identify a set of ideal schedule solutions to meet business and family/social needs.
- Fatigue Risk Management Systems. Comprehensive fatigue management programs will map out the course of action to maintain high safety standards while reducing costs associated with fatigue-related errors and incidents.
- Managing a Shiftwork Lifestyle. These programs assist shiftworkers with managing their personal health, which will help minimize healthcare costs.
- 24/7 Workplace Evaluation and Design. CIRCADIAN’s expert researchers can assess the impact of the work environment and identify the best means of maintaining alertness for the workforce.