Night Shift Errors
Very simply, when we are tired, we are more prone to making mistakes. Therefore, performance and safety can be especially compromised on the night shift because alertness is inherently lower at night, and because the night shift can affect quantity and quality of sleep, and thus, alertness as well.
How CIRCADIAN can help you:
- Fatigue Risk Management Systems. CIRCADIAN® has nearly 30 years of experience in developing and implementing fatigue risk management systems (FRMS). An FRMS is a data-driven, risk-informed, safety performance-based proactive program to mitigate the risks of fatigue in 24/7 operations.
- Training: Managing a Shiftwork Lifestyle. This on-site training program provides critical information to help employees deal with the challenges of working shiftwork, especially the night shift. Training includes information on fatigue, alertness, sleep, nutrition, health, family/social life and more.
- Shift Schedule Optimization. By working with employees, unions, and management, CIRCADIAN develops schedule options that meet the business needs, satisfy worker preferences, and are compatible with human physiology to promote health, safety, and alertness.
- 24/7 Workplace Evaluation and Design. By incorporating specific design features, including lighting, sound, temperature, and ergonomic principles into your facility, employee alertness can be maximized at any time of the day or night.
- Staffing Level Analysis. The optimal staffing level can be determined by a CIRCADIAN algorithm that provides a step-by-step analysis of the essential positions to be filled on each shift.